Saturday, September 6, 2014

Everything ABC Blog Hop- letter R



Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter R. This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their R element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda Norman- Scrappy Therapy


If you came from Chantal Pearson- It's a Hoot! then you're on the right track!



This week's R inspired blog hop features a Red and Black mini album cut using the R key on the CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge.







Ok, so here is the deal with this mini album. It just so happens that I live very close to a college town. A big college town.  With a BIG football team (and lots of crazy football fans).  And it is beginning of football season. So there is red and black and bulldogs everywhere! And risking the possible backlash for admitting this- I am just not a big football fan. So I will never use this mini, but at least I know of dozens of friends and family that will have plenty of pics to fill this up. I just have to figure out who to give it to.

To the nitty- gritty of the album.... since long before becoming a Close to My Heart consultant, I have been a paper hoarder. Tryng to use up some of my stash to make room for new CTMH papers, I decided to use the red and black Recollections (look- another R!) cardstock from Michael's. 

I pulled out my new "go to" Cricut cartridge, CTMH's Artbooking, and set to work cutting out the mini album on the R key. This is actually shown as a baby book mini in the booklet that comes with the cartridge. Just by using different colors and changing the titles, this looks nothing like a baby book.  I love the versatility of this cartridge! I added pockets and tabs all over this mini too- so there is a ton of space for pics and journaling. I used Plantin Schoolbook font for the "Go Dawgs" and the Artbooking font for the "Sic 'em".  I used the Cricut Craft Room to weld the letters for easier placement.

I don't know how well you can see from these photos, but I do need to do some touch ups on some of the pages.  When I started embellishing, I felt like it needed some sparkle or bling.  Not wanting to go overboard on the girly (it is football after all!), I decided to add some touches of red glitter glue. I left it out on the table to dry overnight. While I was sleeping, someone decided he needed to supervise my work...


Obviously, Stormageddon is not a "Dawg" fan. During the night, he not only smudged some of the glue before it was dry, but also stole 2 of my binder rings that will hold the mini together. Maybe if the mascot was a panther, he would have left it alone! Anyway, I am just thankful that I haven't added the ribbon to the tags yet- he really likes to play with ribbon!

I hope you enjoyed my R themed project.  I can't wait for letter S, I already have big plans. 

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is  Darlys Recker- Crafty Happy

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

3 comments:

  1. You are so cheerful! I love it! The mini album is great! I really need to do what you did and just sit down and go! Whoever receives this will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that cartridge and the kitty is oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Plus I love your color choice! Red and Black are one of my favorite color combos! Whoever gets this gift will be thrilled! Beautiful work. TFS!

    ReplyDelete